In an effort to blog more, I have resorted to finding blog challenges and using the prompts to give me a push. As a result, if you stick with me, you will soon learn twenty completely random things. Maybe you will find we have a few things in common … or the opposite! Either way, I hope you have as much fun reading a little about me as I did writing a little about me. I’ve included links for fun.
In no particular order, here we go…
1) I am an Aries with Libra Rising. This, apparently, makes me very charming and difficult to resist, not to mention, high energy. I’m also an INFP. I agree with this. If you tell me your birthday, I’ll probably never forget it.
2) My favorite foods are pizza, shrimp, and chicken parmesan. Yum, yum, yum! Let’s not forget the chocolate for dessert, especially if it is a chocolate milkshake. Or brownies. Or anything. I firmly believe that dessert should come first.
3) I started studying French in junior high school. I loved it so much that I added Spanish in high school. When I got to college, I also studied Portuguese and German while I chose Spanish Language and Culture as my major. At the time, I was intent on teaching English as a Second Language and living in Puerto Rico.
4) I am often described as “quiet” and “easy going”. My best feature is my eyes. They are three different colors and I’ve been told they say a lot more than I do.
5) I’ve always been a fan of exercise, especially running, yoga, and pilates.
6) Some say I’m strange because I don’t drink coffee and I don’t eat butter, margarine, or any of the substitutes. As a matter of fact, when pregnant, the smell of coffee used to make me vomit. Blech. I don’t have to be pregnant to have that reaction to butter. Gross stuff. Plain toast, plain baked potato. Plain bread. Plain is good if it means avoiding butter.
7) My first favorite song was “Fly Like an Eagle” by the Steve Miller Band. I was too young to understand it then. Now, I just find it ironic. Music has always been a big part of my life. As a kid, I made “videos” in my head when I listened to my favorite songs. Now when I do it, I call it writing.
8) I’ve watched “Stand by Me” more than any other movie. During one summer as a kid, I watched it every day. Literally. Every. Single. Freaking. Day. I had a bit of crush on Kiefer Sutherland, admittedly. The only exception to my obsessive watching was that when it came to the scene with the dead body at the end of the movie, I closed my eyes every time. It wasn’t until later in life when I came across the movie that I actually saw that scene. Crazy but true.
9) London, England is my favorite city. During my younger days, my brother and I decided we wanted to visit so we made it happen. I had such a great time that I returned the following year on my own. It never occurred to me not to enjoy traveling alone. I stayed in a youth hostel and met some of the most interesting people. I would do it again in a heartbeat. I’ll have to blog about it someday.
10) My favorite Disney movie was and always will be “Lady and the Tramp“. The link will take you to a youtube clip of the best scene in that movie.
11) I’ve always loved dancing. Any dancing! I started with a ballet obsession as a kid but later picked up all sorts of ballroom dancing as well. I loved Salsa and Swing Dancing the most. I own all the Just Dance games for Wii. 🙂
12) Camping! Need I say more? I grew up camping and it’s my favorite part of looking back at my childhood. I wish my kids loved it as much as I do.
13) I have an unnatural fear of aliens and falling off the earth. I know we have this handy thing called gravity and all but have you ever laid under the stars at the top of a tall hill on a clear night and felt like you could just float away? The aliens are probably laughing at me. I’m pretty sure they abduct me while I’m sleeping just to try to figure me out. (Give it up, guys, it’s no use.)
14) My favorite color is red.
15) I may not like coffee but I do enjoy a cup of tea now and then. My favorite is Bigelow’s Earl Grey.
16) Funny guys win. For as long as I’ve noticed the opposite sex, I’ve always had a crush on the class clown. (Minus that time when I was four years old and fell for the kid with the Fudgsicle – but hey, chocolate. My love lasted as long as he shared.) The true love has always been about the guy who makes me laugh the hardest.
17) My favorite movies are comedies. See #16! I fell hard for Vince Vaughn when I saw Wedding Crashers. sigh… I’m easily amused and you will often find me laughing out loud at just about anything, even when I’m on my own. My mum has always loved that about me. 🙂 I’m usually pretty good at making people around me laugh too. My kids call me silly. This is probably accurate.
18) My favorite animal is a dolphin. I have always wanted to swim with them. Being a big fan of swimming as a kid, I often thought that it was a shame I had to leave the water at all. I often wished on the stars that I would turn into a mermaid. Remember the movie “Splash” ?(love, love, love Tom Hanks too.) I watched that one quite a number of times. Daryl Hannah had fins when her legs got wet. I used to concentrate very hard on making that happen to me. It hasn’t happened yet. Darn.
19) If I can’t be a mermaid, I want to be Stephanie Plum when I grow up. (See Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series.)
20) But… I’ll never grow up. 😉
Now it’s your turn to comment and tell me one random thing about you!